Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Am I Craigslist Stupid?

I emailed someone 6 hours ago about a kiln and some pottery molds on Craigslist, and I haven't heard back from them. I also didn't hear back from the two other people I emailed about pottery wheels last week. Am I Craigslisting wrong? Is there a secret language I need to learn? Or am I expecting folks to respond too quickly and therefore a Craigslist stalker? Why don't the Craigslist posters want to be my friends?

In other news, D and I went to Lowe's today and spent a few hundred dollars on wood, bolts, nuts, washers, a shopvac, black paint, primer, and some five-gallon buckets. We're gonna make ourselves some work tables! We settled on two 6' x 2' x 44" tables with shelves underneath. I also scoped out storage cabinets but didn't make a decision about that yet.

Tomorrow, there will be no work on the project--instead I will go to St. Elmo's to meet with a lobbyist because, yes, that is the jetsetting sort of life I lead.

I'll make it a goal to write some things less practical on the next post, but I am a pragmatist today.

1 comment:

  1. In my experience, that just happens sometimes. I suspect people often don't respond because they've sold the item but haven't taken down the listing (although it's hard to know for sure). Keep trying :)

    ReplyDelete